2016 has been another huge year. In terms of capacity building, advice from the VRQA received in December that our application for an Independent School – the River Nile School – had been approved is the single biggest achievement in our 10-year history as it will underpin sustainable delivery of our core VCAL program. Of course, there were many other successes in 2016, such as having:
- 80+ students enrolled in our programs across the year
- 30+ children, most of whom have experienced trauma, better prepared for early years learning
- 5 qualified childcare educators, of African refugee heritage, provided with regular part-time employment
- 9/10 Overall Volunteer Satisfaction Rating in our anonymous survey
- Improving student emotional health & removing barriers to education engagement
In terms of our 2017 Wish List, our single biggest wish is to find support to bridge the initial funding gap until we establish the River Nile School. Of course all levels of support no matter how big or small make a difference, so we would welcome support from any in our community to get behind items on our Wish List, or to simply provide an untied donation.
You can peruse our 2016 Successes and 2017 Wish List summary at this link rnlc-successes-2016-wish-list-2017-vc